The department is equipped and staffed to provide the following services:
- General Radiography - A full range of plain film skeletal radiography using low dose digital radiography.
- Breast Imaging – Full field Digital Mammography, Breast Ultrasound, Fine needle aspiration and Breast biopsy, Breast MRI, Interventional Procedures - Biopsy, Aspiration, Drain insertion and pain management procedure under X-ray, Ultrasound or CT Control.
- Ultrasound Scanning - Routine abdominal and pelvic scans, prostate scanning, pelvic scanning, musculoskeletal scan, ultrasound guided biopsy, ultrasound pain management/ joint injections.
- Non-invasive Vascular Assessment (Ultrasound) - Venous and arterial assessment of the Arms and Legs, Carotids and Aorta using colour doppler ultrasound.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) - 1.5 and 3 Tesla Magnets for a wide range of examinations including, joint imaging, neuro and spinal imaging, breast imaging, abdominal and pelvic imaging.
- Multislice Spiral Computerised Tomography (CT Scanning) - 256 slice iCT scanner with a wide range of applications including Virtual Colonoscopy, CT Angiography, Specialist Cardiac Investigation including Calcium Scoring and Cardiac CT Angiography, CT Urography, Head, Chest, Abdominal and Pelvic imaging as well as scanning of the joints.
- A range of ultrasound and X-ray guided therapies including intra-articular injections by our expert Consultant Radiologists.
- Breast Imaging
- Urodynamics Service
- Vascular Ultrasound Clinic